Saturday, January 17, 2009

ps90: Cart Before the Horse

I've been working basically every night for the last several weeks on a freelance gig earning money that is going into the ps90 fund. The project is wrapping up soon and there really isn't any more research for me to do on the gun. I know what I want and need to get it rolling, now its just a matter of getting the money raised to buy it and then finding the right deal.

I've gone to tons of guns shows and stores and picked up the gun, compared sights, accessories and prices and got more used to the feel of it. as far as I am concerned the gun is already mine, someone in some store is just holding onto it for me for a while.

I decided at the last shop I went to that I would do something to keep my eye on the prize while I wait so I bought a box of ammunition for it. Now here are some dorky tech specs and too many pictures of my little bullets.

The rounds are 5.7x28 mm. This means itty bitty. Really, they are just bigger than a .22 round.

They are a custom round made by the manufacturer. Only 2 guns in the world fire them, the gun I am getting and the FN Five-seveN handgun.

They fire fast and straight (ps90: 2100 ft/sec, Five-seveN: 1700 ft/sec) and were originally meant to take down people with body armor. These V-max rounds aren't armor piercing but that's ok. AP rounds ruin your gun's barrel over time and these will easily penetrate a zombie skull just the same.

The ps90 has a magazine capacity of 50 which means all these round will fit in the gun all at once.
Tiny and lightweight. Here is one compared to the casing of a 7mm rifle.

So that's actually the short version of all the info I have collected on this gun and its rounds. Thank you for indulging me while I rant and rave and wait impatiently for my rifle.


No comments: