Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Reflection

I think I have had about all I can handle as far as politics go right now. Traditionally I try to stay out of conversations regarding them because I know it'll just get heated and turn into a debate where no one is changing anyone's mind or just be a confirmation between two people that things suck and we both already agree.

Neither of these options have a grand solution, they just shorten your life and make you stressed worrying about all the bad things that could happen if (blank) get elected or the pass the new (blank) bill, so I stay out of it.

Of course its been pretty impossible to stay out of things this go round because its in everyone's faces in this ever so popular and easy "fuck bush" period. I do care about the issues and it is important to me to cast your vote and make a difference and all that crap but I swear I am about to burst at the seams after being force fed so much political jargon.

So I registered and voted for Obama (could be better, could be a lot worse) and every single day since I registered I have received 2 phone calls and 3-5 emails reminding me to vote, telling me how I can help Obama, asking if I want to volunteer and on and on and on to the point where I honestly wish I could retract my fucking vote.

Commercials, emails, TV shows, buttons, bumper stickers, t-shirts, billboards, phone calls, junk mail, pop-up ads etc etc etc.... Being in Denver of course only made things because of the DNC being here.

This ws my first time voting and I kinda wish I hadn't just to stick it to the candidates and say "If only you would have tried a little less hard, you might have had my vote."

I guess the next best thing I can do is to say this:

Obama, I don't like you as a person, you lack the experience to be at the helm, your policies are wrought with problems and incosistancies, and I only gave you a sympathy vote because you're black.

Eat that.

No comments: