Friday, November 7, 2008

On the Road Again?

Its been a long while since I owned a car. For the most part I have enjoyed that fact. I have a couple of friends who have been willing to chauffeur me around on the rare occasion that I need something but after 2-3 years it gets a bit tiring for everyone involved. Its time to start driving again.


Ever since Austin got his bug we have been talking about forming our own miniature Bug Club and the other day, the opportunity for just such a club arose.


My friend at work Kevin tipped me off to a 1971 bug that his friend owns and is trying to get rid of quick. The price is right for the condition but swinging this purchase right in the middle of paying double rent for the move is going to be a very difficult maneuver.


I certainly do want to make this happen by pretty much any means. I've had a case of cabin fever for the last 4 months or so and I expect that may get worse for the first few month of living alone. I need wheels... I gots to be free.... Time to hit the open road... etc etc etc.. So if there is anyone who is willing to donate to the "Finally! I Don't Have to Give Alex Rides Anymore Fund" please call me asap.

2 comments:

Janelle Vigil said...

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had no idea you two had Vw bugs. i've pretty much been obsessed with them my whole life.If i had some sort of cool scale you would be at the tip top. I had a 61 it was brown and super tricked out, it was my first car.

Zombolis said...

That is awesome! Mine sadly is not mine just yet, I will be calling the lady tonight about it to see if it gets to be mine. Austin's is a bit cooler in that its older and meaner and lower etc, but mine will run which balances us out.